Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Monday 30 June 2014

Recreating the Iconic Shot



Flashback to 1999, the end of the first era of Beetle restoration. Three Beetles and a Split Screen Camper faced the home their owners resided; the sun radiating off their roofs and looking glamorous all the while. In 1999, this seemed to be just any old photo that was taken in the midst of a summer's day.

However, this image stuck with me for many years as we'd dig out old memories from when we were young and looking at photo's of my family when I wasn't even born. I was very young when this photo was taken, around about four years old at that point and I'm not really sure why, but this photo stuck with me a lot. This photo was since used to show how our old fleet in my first ever blog post for Caught The VW Bug and also with my presentation I created for my college course this year.

You may be seeing just a photo, but this is an iconic shot that's been etched into my mind and resonated with me throughout growing up, happier times, and simple pleasures of life. That photo really responded to me in a way that summed all of those criteria up in a nutshell because owning Beetle's was something that we used to do when I was little and not now.

Although, when I started to get into the scene with the support of my family, who also got heavily involved and bought other projects, we'd finally have enough Beetles to do something I have always wanted. That was to recreate this iconic shot that meant a lot to me as we are arguably coming out of one of the toughest periods of life to grow up in and despite things still being quite tough, I am enduring one of happiest times of my life where I am doing something I love and could be proud to look back on at a later date or with my kids, much later down the line.

Therefore, I lined up our three best looking Bugs at this moment in time and took that shot, some 15 years later. Here was the result.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll