Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Thursday 12 June 2014

Passion and Heartfelt

Warning, young man with beard wanting hook up.

Life has dealt all of us some pretty shitty hands over the years, whether that's a family loss, a termination of employment or seeing your home and all your property repossessed, it's a tough life. These setbacks are just part of who we are as people.

Myself for example, I could easily say that 2014 has been perhaps the toughest year yet after losing my job and being unsuccessful in finding a new one permanently. This has been tough for me as I'm still young and only completed my secondary school studies a year ago, so the fear of unknown is somewhat greater than someone who's been through these feelings before. I also haven't got the willpower or financial backing to complete further study after stories of the crippling debt that people live with and inevitably the worry that ensues.

Therefore, I turned to a hobby last year, in the form of... well, owning a car really. Not just any car, but a Beetle. Something that has surrounded me in my early years of life and certainly throughout my family's. That quickly turned into two, then three, then two again and then as many as six in the space of a year, with another two on the way. It's not just a hobby, it slowly turned into a passion of mine and something I love to do.

From that, I then turned to set up a blog. The blog was only for myself to read back in years to come, but even that has taken off to a level I would never have expected. The fact that even my family or just one person on the other side of this small world actually takes interest, brings a tear to my eye because that's an achievement to me. Someone else's day has been influenced by my rudimentary comments or the small insight into my life that I have divulged to the world on an idle Wednesday evening, filling the void of the lack of Eastenders in the week.

It's taken me about five months, no doubt some ups and some downs have been experienced although now I write for three websites as well as the blog and my name is slowly growing in the VW scene as a blogger and subject matter expert. We own some cars we can be certainly proud of and an interested and passionate family once again, running around and getting stuck in to the projects to ensure our pride and joy's authenticity.

Truthfully, I haven't seen a penny for anything I've written, and right now, it's the least of my woes. I'm happy because I have a hobby I enjoy and a channel of media that people are taking note of as the posts I write improve and this becomes more and more fun for me. Other cultural factors such as the change in commercial music and fashion has made me happier as well as the social side of my life, which is always a great asset to retain.

The first half of 2014 wasn't so bad after all, but never give up with what you want to do. This blog is only the start and those wild and inconceivable dreams might just come true at some point in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll