Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Friday 2 January 2015

What I Want to Happen in 2015. Part One

First things first, I'm a realist. I don't plan to make an outrageous resolution where I know full well I would never have the means, nor the motivation or the funds to see it through. Being outlandish is admittedly something I can pull off, but only in small measures like the way I dress, or my character.

Until a couple of years ago, I was very much a nearly man because I never saw anything through once I achieved it, or merely once I laid eyes on the prize in waiting. But that attitude since changed. It doesn't mean I hit the gym everyday, filled up to my eyeballs in 'roids and whey protein because that isn't me in the slightest.

Any bloke on Saturday nights impressing the ladies be like "look at my roid's yo'"
However over the next few days, I want to outline my aims and goals over 2015. I could be very minimalist and say no more, no change for me because 2014 was pretty much there in terms of perfection, but I am sure like any champion or determined individual, I'm out to impress and impress I shall by what I do and how I go about doing it, with some time to rest and play along the way too.

Onto part one, Mr Jake Bugg.

The nearly man, but good things come to those who wait.
This has been a very popular name on my blog as there has been a lot of talk about him but not a lot to show for it. But this car is like me of two years ago, the nearly man. By no means has Jake been overlooked, it's just been poor luck and poor timing to why Jake didn't get a taste of the road under his own steam in 2014. Lennon is the reason why.

Lennon, who is Jake 1.0 effectively as he took shape with the original colour scheme and interior that was meant for Jake Bugg which we aptly dubbed Lime Cream with his creamy/lemon paintwork and lime green interior inside, a combination on paper easily scars the masses but when looked at, pleases the doubters.

I aim, with the help of my family and exterior team involved to get Jake Bugg finished and on the road before the end of this year. He will be our project for the year ahead and to me and my family that although it's just a car but the character is possess is just wonderful. I am certain that this will be a project that I will never forget.

Our plans for a colour scheme has been much debated and evolved over the 8 or so months we have collectively thought designing our Bug. I can safely say that I know full well what it is going to be, but it wouldn't be fun to run a whole restoration by telling you the colour's straight away?

Imitations wouldn't be well received, that's all I'm going to say with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll