Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Monday 5 January 2015

What I Want to Happen in 2015. Part Two

Shows, Shows, Shows!

Hello, Belgium.
That's the aim for 2015, more VW shows! But if you even mutter think about the word show to any of the Beetle's I've owned, then they won't start up (VolksWorld springs to mind).

2015 is the year though after missing 2013 because we were building up my first car, McCartney and the stillborn Lola for a brief period after she bit the dust thanks to a safety concern because it was fucked underneath, below, and everywhere in between. However, she did come with rare original chrome lightbulb housings.



2014 was a bit more in the right direction, I was still unable to travel under my own steam for virtually the whole show season again as McCartney failed on me and promptly sold for a cut price. He made way for Lennon and by October and the Brighton Breeze, the run for the fun really kicked in. I still managed to run a decent amount of shows that roughly hit double figures, so it was a decent show haul for a 'limited run'.

Therefore, I aim this year to do more shows. I already go with the famalam to the family friendly ones such as Dubs at the Park and Stonor Park (no drugs there unfortunately) but 2015 holds bigger steps in the right direction, travelling much of the UK to the largest events in the VW community such as Big Bang, Bug Jam and hopefully Busfest. The latter (Busfest), will be talked about more in my next edition for valid justification

I also want to make the jump into relatively unknown territory in the Bug(s), Europe and specifically the European Bug-In in Chimay, Belgium. For people unaware of European Bug-In, it is one of the biggest shows on the VAG calendar inviting and showcasing the meanest, fiercest, and sexiest VW's in the whole continent. 3 show days and extra days before and after in the town of Chimay are from hearsay, the best experiences of the year.


They even shut the town off to other road users and aircooled VW's rip down the streets bidding for the accolade oft the fastest 1/4 mile dragster over the festival.

This is going to be a very thrilling year, I am certain.

Part three next, the wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll