Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Saturday 6 December 2014

Ultra VW: Good Times

We made the front cover again, albeit not as the featured story. Nonetheless, that works out at a 100% story:cover ratio!
A fantastic year isn't complete yet as the ball keeps rolling, even in the off season.

When I am not tinkering, or at least watching and learning with my Bugs or not indulging in driving them each day to work or to lovely places like the lake or into my hometown cruising around the lanes and streets with people looking at me and my car in a true narcissistic fashion, I tend to indulge in chasing the opposite sex in the shyest fashion possible (which is my true nature, it's easier to write it on a piece of paper), or at least consider doing so.

However, throughout all that, I still find the time to write and this particular piece is no different. 

We, not I, we, have made it into the proper big leagues. I am in this month's Ultra VW Magazine writing in the feature named 'Pride n Joy'. For those of you who aren't aware of Ultra VW, it's a magazine that takes a look on the most striking cars that are currently roaming around the roads of the UK, or merely sitting in the garages of their owner's properties in the winter time, much like myself. The unique selling point of this magazine is that it taps into the younger generation and serves as a silent 'baton handler' to the younger folk who will one day overcome and run the VW scene, displaying some incredible rides and trends in the process.


And I have had a chance to show my skills to many, many people!

I'd like to thank everyone of you who have taken the time to go out of your way to read an excerpt of my writing. That could be a post from my blog, or even a copy of this month's Ultra VW which is in all good magazine retailers (Tesco, W.H. Smith's etc.). To have an opportunity to write to a larger audience is just insane and it makes the sad days when everyone of us gets up in the dark and cold mess which is an English Winter (something I struggle with) that little bit easier. 
It's all smiles for the time being!
Granted, I am a miserable little shit but it does at least provoke a smile on my face when I see that I have contributed to society in a minor way. So thank you all. Thank you to my readers, the ones who have had belief in my writing since day one. Thank you to the one's who don't care about me writing either as it spurs me on to quietly convert you while you roam and surf the billions of pages on the internet to choose my one, just for a moment. Now, after this post is published, I can go back to being the miserable little shit I am and beaver away on new content and find the point of satisfaction.

To the other 6.999999 billion people in the world that I haven't reached yet, I'll be there one day.

I'd like to thank Paul Knight from Ultra VW for the opportunity to write for a fantastic magazine and I sincerely hope it's a start of a fruitful creative working relationship. 




Finally, I'd like to mention that the owner of the Split Screen Bus you see in the photo's is courtesy of Dan Schrader. A great guy and I am extremely proud that I had the chance to write about your awesome bus. I hope to see you at shows in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll