Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Monday 18 August 2014

'When I Get Home' - Lennon's Arrival

It's been a super busy, super tiring, and super exciting week. I'm proud to say my car was finally sprayed and welded in and after weeks of waiting for him to come home, on Monday (last week) Lennon rolled into the garage like nothing had happened.


I came home after work like that evening like most responsible adults do, knackered from work but determined to ask Lennon where the hell he had been and why he come home so late. Like any guardian, I wasn't angry, but merely disappointed that he had overstayed his curfew of 11pm by over four weeks. I instantly assumed he was drinking diesel with his fellow Beetle friends Ringo, George, and that pesky no gooder McCartney who you may remember... My expectations were met when I had no reply from Lennon as most miserable teenagers respond to their parents when they're in that crucial 'coming of age' phase that we all cherished and embraced our oily faces for years.

After my initial disappointment, I was just happy to see him safe and sound. 


I quickly stamped my joint out on the ground and realised that the bag of weed had got my head quicker than I expected and the moment of clarity hit me heavier than a train. I was talking to a car and not a deceased icon of British culture.

Anyway, Lennon looks cracking, absolutely fantastic. The guys at 'Extreme' did an excellent and although one of the employees always reminded me of my Eastern European dog with that oddly glassy and confused look, despite the language barrier he did a brilliant job. I kept the colour that Lennon is wearing previously and underneath I can only expect a technicolour dreamcoat of paint from all the years. But I'm so happy he's home!

It has been a massive week with lots of work piled into the car by my family. I have helped wherever possible and I can concur that two days working with a hangover and having two hours sleep on Saturday isn't recommended. I apologise that I have been dormant over the week, but I'm super excited on all levels to inform you of his progress in a bid to pass that MOT later in the week.


But that BBQ was good, I was powering on a Crosstrainer at 3am and the host's glass table smashed in a true lawless fashion. Swings and Roundabouts.

Join me when I next get some time to talk about how this project has come alive in just a matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll