Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Containment of Excitement: VW Vibe Cover Story.



Today marks a special day. So special that I decided to drop all things restoration based and share with you another momentous achievement in the history and career of your fellow blogger, eccentric, and to few of you who read my blog, friend.


I am really, really proud to say I have been given the most exciting opportunity to write for VW Vibe which is the name of a new magazine on the block. I was selected to write a story on a Beetle that suffice to say, looks very left field but it's something I could relate to the trials and tribulations of slaving away for months for just the slightest bit of recognition in the street or just to sit on the motorway with the window down, listening to that stereotypical flatulent sound of a Beetle.


My experiences, even at the tender age of 19 landed me the chance to write the story. That story landed the front cover in just my first ever attempt at real journalism. That, above all, is incredible. Not many people ever get the chance to write for any magazine, let alone a publication that is quickly gaining credibility and sales in a world of dwindling revenue for physical media.


I never expected to achieve any of this, so seeing my name in a nationwide publication just so nearly brought a tear to my eye. This is my achievement, yet it's only the beginning. As I share this moment with you, it's hard to contain myself and let the story slip into a harsh descent of expletives and smiley faces. But, this, this is an incredible achievement.



I now get to smile at night. A lot. Thank you everyone. This surreal rollercoaster keeps on climbing.

I really urge all of you to support me in this, support the magazine too and have a read of the story that I worked so hard to succeed in. Also, thank you to Ig Garrad too for the big break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll