Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Progress is Upon Us: Lennon



Reading Festival had for me put my work on the back burner as I haven't been around to witness the transformation from FrankenLennon to a near finished article.

Lennon has seen a lot of man hours from my parents and very special guest, my sister offering more than her standard moral support over the tough August Bank Holiday Weekend. While I was gurning, tripping, raving, and rocking the days away in a damp tent with some of the nuttiest and kindest people I am proud to call my friends, it was no rest for the wicked as Lennon's MOT date was fast approaching in the Bank Holiday. It's almost incomprehensible how on earth a mammoth task could even be considered to be completed, only for the engineer at the MOT station to hang a whole project's effort, blood, sweat, and tears in the balance.

Here is FrankenLennon prior to the Bank Holiday.
From memory the past week, Lennon's heart has been fitted to his car (and removed again. I'll inform next time), seats covered, door cards and carpet fitted which absolutely contrasts the paint colour of Lennon, giving a very left field take on the project, not to mention a new steering wheel which I am very pleased to be clasping my grubby hands over when I get to drive the finished article.

The biggest concern was the wiring and inserting all of the windows which no doubt was a pain in the arse. Therefore, we called upon Dale the Handyman who's team did a stunning job on the paintwork which gave Lennon a new lease of life and removed his spots from his skin on the troublesome teenager (who recently turned 47...)

What arguably took the most time was placing a new engine block into the car, failing then coming home the next day hungover to try and finish the job while I was on course to wee, vomit and poo all in unison. A special mention to the pesky bumpers that struggled to fit onto the car and required new irons, all at a cost of course!

For contractual reasons, I can't reveal just what colour scheme the family and I decided upon or some of the finer details until our big reveal some time in the coming weeks, so therefore I'd like to keep you all guessing.

Join us next time to see if Lennon passed the MOT!

Because we all love Alpaca's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll