Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Thursday 25 June 2015

Meet & Greet: Tiger Woods, the Mk2 Golf GTI


Tiger Woods


The year was 1991, an aspiring golfer named Tiger Woods was breaking into the Golfing world with national amateur championships titles to his name and stunning the sport from inside and out. Yet, he was to make his name in Golf and become one of the best recognised athletes in the world.

Also in 1991, the setting was Wolfsburg, Germany for the birth of H265 JDU. Manufactured by hand, jigs and primitive robotics this Golf 1.8 8 valve GTI model would roll off of the Wolfsburg production line and be shipped over to the UK for sale in its RHD format, much like its 6.3 million ancestors of the Golf family from 1983 to 1992 did the same around the world. 

Fast forward to 2015 and both entities made their own respective histories and probably covered the same amount of mileage too over the 24 years and now as the new owner of the Golf GTI, I have decided to call this car Tiger Woods. 

With all flamboyant explanations behind us, I chose the name because it is a Black Golf and Tiger Woods is a black golfer. There's literally nothing else to it, but they are both as iconic as each other so if the shoes fits...?

Anyway, I can tell you that I have had this badboy for about three months now and my quietness has basically given me a chance to briefly brief you all on my purchase a while back. 

I will try and talk to you all in as best chronology as possible but I understand that I have lost about 4 months worth of motivation and history which I will try and recoup. 

I love this car more than life itself. I will talk more in detail about the finer things in Golf GTI life as time goes on!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll