Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Open Road

Simple pleasures in life are the best.

Pondering on the way home from work, I usually think to myself as a lack of a radio and other human contact for around an hour would usually bore anyone to tears but it's my sixty moments of solitude that I love the best as it's just me and Lennon. Him, sounding sweet (or a bag of farts, as most stock Beetle's do) as it allows me to think about the most random, harrowing, and pleasing thoughts I have offer in this very quirky mind of mine. Today, dawdling on the open road, not going a touch over 55mph was perhaps one of the most relaxing moments I have experienced in recent weeks purely because I felt that as a team, we have achieved something. Something big. I know what it is, but it is yet to come to light to other people. I don't know if it's down to me being deliberately mysterious or even that I am unsure how to word it, but this project has become more than just a car that I could get in an go, especially with the finances.

This car as a completed unit has meant more than any other, anything I have ever written, for all the websites and even when I hit a front cover of a VW magazine on a rookie attempt which is a very mean feat to achieve.To me, I have never been in a position to rest and say "yes, what an effort." because to me, this is effectively my life.

I, with my family will always keep plugging on and bringing something wild and free to the mainstream show scene in VW's. I will look back on this in numerous years time and who knows, maybe we were a catalyst for something new. A new trend upon VW's maybe? If I don't receive the plaudits because some young brace-face nicked the idea, I'll still be happy because the kid will never have the satisfaction of victory. 

Or even in a number of years, I'll look back with a dog and a wife (maybe kids) and say in my armchair full of dribble and stale piss that I owned lots of Beetle's and my kids will say I'm boring or tell me to go do one. But I know I would have achieved something very big in my life, I suppose at 19, I will never look back because...

...The job is not done.

But I am well aware that Lennon is an excellent creation formed deep in the mind and souls of my family and I and is a just a taster of what we can achieve. I for one am absolutely ecstatic about showing him off in full. 


*Moving away from Philosophical Corner*


Tomorrow marks the time I man up and reveal the whole car to you all. As much as I love teasing you all, I would rather share my wonderful car with you! I thought I would share with you a couple of exterior shots while I grab some more for you all when the sun is still out of the finer details, and a change of scenery maybe! The best thing is, those smaller accessories are something magical and very, very clever...




Put a hand up for 'LimeCream'. More will be explained soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll