Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Wednesday 10 September 2014

#ActionShotz: Trim

DONT' TAP IT, WHACK IT!!!!
If I was to look back on a project and say during my fledgling blogging career what the hardest car to write about was, I'd say it was writing about Lennon. Purely because I am so excited about a reveal of him when he is fully finished, it's tough to write about the finer details without sounding like I am an anorak in their late 70's.

Therefore, I will share with you some action shots. As any typical politician would do in a run up to an important event, such as the forthcoming and inevitable result of Scottish independence, the people behind the madness have to seem like they're in touch with their constituents, hence why I posed for the flash when we were busy plugging away with Lennon.

I was placing some of the car's chrome trim onto him, while I was smiling and acting up to no good on the camera.

Here are some photo's of me placing the trim onto Lennon mid-resto. For people that are interested in the finer details, the trim that you see on most cars is obviously a vanity/aesthetic touch. I personally think it adds depth to the car and when it's coupled with an interesting colour, it brings out the paintwork. Only ever so slightly, but enough to provoke though. It's a standard trim and all Beetles had this when they rolled off the production line in Wolfsburg.

Posing with the competency of any politician, it's just a shame they're so good at hiding their deformities.


Moreover, it adds to the styling of a classic car as nowadays, fantastic plastic is the way to go; especially in matte black.



Placing the trim into the car is really simple, as suppliers actually have a bespoke clip that slots into the chrome trim. After lining up the chrome with the holes, with a good old whack the spline in the clip disperses and splits into the hole, leaving it locked in place. This is ingenious yet can prove costly if done incorrectly!

Enjoy

"Place it here." "F*ck off Dad, I 'know' what I'm 'doing'" - Any important father/son moments usually folloe this route




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll