Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Tuesday 27 May 2014

It's Time For A Change



Change is on the horizon.

I awake from my 9 hours sleep each night and get ready for work. Hot shower awakes me and a small breakfast does the job. I am ready for the day's challenges. Before opening the door, I see my boy through the frosted glass in his dark green coat and that cheeky smile he always pulls at me. I smile, get in my car and drive to work. 

This has been a staple morning for nearly a year now with my Green Machine McCartney sitting on the driveway. But, it's time for a change. McCartney has been riddled with problems for about 6 months now, ranging from the clutch to the whole bleeding engine. 

It's been a tough, yet understandable decision. McCartney has been a great servant (when he wants to of course) to introducing me to the Beetle scene. Covering many, many happy miles, and a few sad ones too. We've shared a whole year together however it's time to get him fixed, resprayed and ready to say farewell to the team and also my life. 

I'm not cheating on another Bug at all, or two, but it's almost like a break up.



Throughout this week I will be documenting our brief restoration and spending a good week with my boy before he's looking better than ever for a new owner to enjoy perhaps the quickest Bug I have ever had the pleasure to sit in.

Going forward, the endgame is to have Jake at the end of the year but also use the others in the stable, primarily Sting who will be going through a quick first stage of restoration as he's been put on the backburner with the arrival of Jake Bugg and co. and then look to complete Sting properly in late 2014/2015.

The money from McCartney's sale will go into the respray for Jake so I will make friends with both Sting & Jake Bugg. 

Change isn't all bad, but to progress, you must embrace the changes. They might not get you from A to B half the time but it's all part of the fun.
Happy memories. Very, very happy memories




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll