Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Thursday 22 May 2014

Finding the Right One for the Job

£5000 FOR A BASIC RESPRAY.

Exactly. The price of labour and paint has increased massively.

I'd wager that this is the most prominent reason why the whole Rat scene has come to light where fellow Dubbers run their cars in a more... shabby fashion because the costs are so high.
High costs now!

We've been offered cheaper, to the tune of £3k, but the prices do spark debate. People would take more time to respray their classic icons if the prices came down. Then again, would the scene be vastly different as a result? Most likely a reprisal of the 1990's renaissance thanks to the cheap price of Bugs (and probably respray's for that matter). But due the high costs, people are therefore turning to more innovative and cost-effective measures. For that price, you could slam it, run air-rides and place some decent modifications to your Rat, if that's your style or on the other end of the spectrum, deck out the interior to be bold and loud and find some rare accessories to your Bug.

Underpinning this is the age old debate of Built vs. Bought as it's possible that you can buy a near-perfect '67 Bug for £5k but the drawbacks are that you are limited to putting your own spin on the project of your dreams.

Something will come up I am sure as there are quality people in the country. But £5k? Not a chance.

Here was our attempt when we resprayed Parker.

See more of my antics and updates at Caught the VW Bug
http://caughtthevwbug.blogspot.co.uk/

Follow me on my various channels of Social Media
My Twitter My Tumblr My Google+

Like the images? View more at Pinterest
My Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll