Having trouble reading this? Translate it to your native language!

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Bugging People Since 2013 (1 Year Anniversary)

We have owned VW Beetles for over 35 years now! Why am I writing about our 1 year anniversary then?

Well, I'm married.

It's been a year since my sex change.

I have been sober for a year now.

It's been a year since the team rekindled our spirits and got back into VW Beetle's. We used to own a whole range of Beetle's back in the day when I was a little nipper. The only nugget of information I knew back then was that they used to smell of a combination of Magic Tree's and Churches. This is certainly no different 15 years later.

I remember the day as one drove past me on the way to school and that was it. I wanted one as soon as possible. We bought Lola, our first one a year ago on the Sunday just gone and the empire slowly grew, leading to the blog!
Lola, one whole year ago. Arriving on the scene.

Little did I know that I wouldn't own her for long, or even purchase another FIVE of these lovable rogues or even get back into the game with my family on such a head on manner that we have done. 

Really, I would like to thank everyone that's been of help. From the mad scientist at work who helps me fix these beasts, to the young lady who procures all the stock and little gems along the way that retain so much meaning and rarity that makes these Beetle's special and unique in their own little way. Thank you to my siblings who have put up with all the noise, cursing & banging (not like that. Well, sorta) in the morning and thanks to my trusty dog who is taking a liking to these Beetles. "You can have a ride in it one day" I tell him. He just looks at me bemused, but he's a little mental anyway.

Also, a special mention to all the people on forums, whoever likes the blog, show promoters and parts suppliers for promoting us and helping us along the way!

Over the past year, I have learnt a vast amount about these Beetle's down to the VW media, how each little part works, how basic they are to run and even how to drive them (bare in mind I hadn't even passed my test last year). It's been good fun and it's great to finally get lost in something you enjoy and better still, write about them. 

It's been good fun, here's to the next 35 years of thrills, spills, swearing, banging and boozing. 

Line a-stern, back in the first phase of it all. (1999)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll